Cromwell Street, STORNOWAY, Isle Of Lewis HS1 2DG
Accommodation Reservations: t: +44(0)1851 702109 e: email@example.com
The Royal Hotel is excellently located for leisure and business visits to Stornoway and the Outer Hebrides (Western Isles).
There are direct air services to Stornoway airport from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen and Benbecula. By sea, Calmac’s MV Isle of Lewis sails between Stornoway and Ullapool, twice each way on all week days (3x some Summer days) and once on Sundays.
Stornoway, the ‘county town’ of the Western Isles, is centrally placed for touring the Isle of Lewis and the most southerly point of the Isle of Harris is only about 1.5 hours’ drive from the Caberfeidh.
The only one-way car hire for a holiday journey between Lewis and Barra (or Barra and Lewis) is available as part of an Outer Hebrides holiday package from Hebridean Hopscotch Holidays, which may include the Caberfeidh Hotel if you choose it as part of your Scottish island hopping holiday.
Taxi fare approx GBP10.
Total distance 3.7 miles, 10-12 minutes by car.
1. Exit the airport roundabout and follow signs towards Stornoway Town Centre A866.
2. At approximately 2.8 miles, pass Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Council Offices) and Nicolson Institute (School) - both on your right - then turn right at roundabout into Matheson Road B8027.
3. At 3.0 miles (traffic lights), Turn left onto Church St.
4. At 3.2 miles, turn right immediately after police station, onto Kenneth Street (Sraid Choinnich) and then after about 80metres, left into Royal Hotel car park (hotel rear entrance).
Total distance 1.1 miles, 2 minutes by car.
1. Turn left out of Ferry Terminal onto Shell Street
2. In 0.1 miles straight over roundabout signposted town centre.
3. In 0.1 miles turn right opposite bus station onto Kenneth Street (Sraid Choinnich).
4. Continue on Kenneth Street for about 0.2 miles, crossing Francis Street and Church Street, to turn left into Royal Hotel car park (hotel rear entrance).
We suggest a taxi may be more convenient from the ferry terminal - fare approx GBP2.50.
The bus station is so close (0.2 mile), that it's more convenient to walk. 1. Cross road from bus station and enter town centre pedestrian area alongside Town Hall.
2. Continue straight for about 200 metres passing Boots, Argos, Bank of Scotland, Western Isles Property Shop. Royal Hotel is on your right, almost opposite the Lifeboat Station.
Nearest train station is Inverness. From Inverness, take Citylink coach to Ullapool for Stornoway ferry. http://www.calmac.co.uk
It is essential that you pre-book the Citylink coach at http://www.citylink.co.uk
On disembarking, take a taxi or follow walking directions from ferry terminal above.
Taxi fare approx GBP2.50.
1. From south and north follow signs for town centre at first roundabout. Turn left at second roundabout (after Co-Op supermarket)
2. At 0.4 miles after the second roundabout, turn right at traffic lights, onto Church St. (This is the only traffic light controlled road junction in the Outer Hebrides!)
4. After a further 0.2 miles, turn right immediately after police station, onto Kenneth Street (Sraid Choinnich) and then after about 80metres, left into Royal Hotel car park (hotel rear entrance).
3. From other start points, follow the airport directions above.
STORNOWAY, Isle Of Lewis HS1 2DG
T. 01851 702109
F. 01851 702142
E. Use contact form, please.
Royal Hotel (Stornoway) Limited, Registered Office: 11 James Street, Stornoway Isle of Lewis HS1 2QN
Company Registered in Scotland No SC122480. VAT Reg. No: 481 5881 17
Copyright © 2013