At the Royal Hotel we are continuously monitoring and adopting our procedures in line with the latest recommendations, as we all learn to adapt to the "new normal" that has been thrust upon us all. Be assured we are following and implementing Scottish Government and local authorities advice to reduce exposure to and transmission of Covid-19 which includes hand and respiratory hygiene as well as safe food practises.
Please note that the Scottish Government has placed the Western Isles in Level 4 from 30th January 2021. Scottish Government advise is stay at home except for an essential purpose, with no non-essential travel into or out of this area. Proof of reason for essential travel is required at time of booking.
So here is what to expect at the Royal Hotel, Stornoway:
1. Employee Safety Measures
- Thermal imaging temperature checks upon arrival and careful monitoring for other symptoms.
- Specific training on Covid-19 for all staff and changes made to our procedures to reduce the risk of transfer in line with current guidelines.
- Risk assessments have been completed and communicated to our staff.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Installation of protective screens in front of house areas.
- Refresher training of all staff as Government guidance is updated.
2. Guest Wellbeing
- Only one household per room as per Scottish Government guidelines.
- Pre arrival email or telephone call.
- Electronic check in and check out.
- Contactless payment methods, including credit/debit cards and BACS.
- Hand sanitising stations on arrival and throughout the hotel.
- Enhanced cleaning of all touch points throughout the hotel.
- Directional and social distance signage.
- Support of the NHS Test and Protect scheme.
- Face coverings must be worn throughout hotel.
- Toiletries and hospitality tray supplied are for one-person use.
- Removal of all collateral from public area and bedrooms.
- A Duty Manager available to answer questions.
- We respectfully ask all our guests to observe safety measures in place.
- Completed the Good to Go criteria.
- During your stay no access will be made to your bedroom by our team. A traditional light housekeeping is available on request.
3. Social Distancing Measures
- Physical distancing measures throughout the hotel, in line with government guidance.
- Furniture re-configuration and capacity reductions in public spaces and restaurants.
- Express check-in and check-out available to all guests.
- Amended restaurant service methods to reduce close contact.
- Contactless payment methods, including credit/debit cards, Apple Pay and BACS.
4. Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitising in all public areas and touch points.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitising of all our hotel bedrooms.
- Use of sanitiser that meets EN14476 standard.
- New hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel.
5. Food and Beverage
- Tables and chairs have been re- configured with a reduced capacity to maintain social distancing – 1metre.
- Tables, chairs and touch points sanitised after each use.
- Single use menus.
- All condiments are on a request basis.
- Hand sanitising stations available for use.
- Contactless or card payments only. Card machines sanitised after each use.
- Enhanced cleaning of all touch points.
- Staff maintain social distancing by placing food and drink at end of table.
- Face coverings must be worn throughout the hotel.
- A host on duty at all times to meet and greet, advise our guests of restaurant procedures and protocols.
- Scottish Government Guidance relating to indoor gatherings is followed in all food and beverage outlets.
- We are supporting the NHS Test and Protect scheme and will ask you to provide contact details. These details will be kept in line with DPA regulations for 21 days.
- Scottish Government guidance relating to indoor gatherings is followed in all food and beverage outlets.
- As per Scottish Government guidelines and in line with Level 4 hospitality measures, our restaurants are closed to non residents. Food to qualifying (key worker) residents staying in the hotel is via room service or in the restaurant up until 22.00.
We care for you.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely to ensure the safety of all partners and guests and will update this communication regularly. Be assured, booking with the Royal Hotel, Stornoway is safe, and you can always select the Best Available Rate for an easy and straight-forward cancellation policy. If you are experiencing any other specific concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 01851 702109, be assured, we are here to assist you.