At the Royal Hotel we are continuously monitoring and adopting our procedures in line with the latest recommendations, as we all learn to adapt to the "new normal" that has been thrust upon us all. Be assured we are following and implementing Scottish Government and local authorities advice to reduce exposure to and transmission of Covid-19 which includes hand and respiratory hygiene as well as safe food practises.
From 9th August all of Scotland will move beyond Level 0 Covid restrictions. Please note the Scottish Government has confirmed that face coverings must still be worn when in public areas in order to protect one another as Covid-19 restrictions are eased.
Prior to visiting the Western Isles the First Minister has asked everyone take two lateral Flow tests - the first three days before travel and one on the day of travel to help protect the islands from the virus being brought in undetected. Should you have positive result you must self-isolate and book a PCR test. These tests can be ordered on line free of charge - www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests. For local advice please refer to the post code checker www.gov.scot/check-local-covid-level/.
So here is what to expect at the Royal Hotel, Stornoway:
1. Employee Safety Measures
- Thermal imaging temperature checks upon arrival and careful monitoring for other symptoms.
- Specific training on Covid-19 for all staff and changes made to our procedures to reduce the risk of transfer in line with current guidelines.
- Risk assessments have been completed and communicated to our staff.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Refresher training of all staff as Government guidance is updated.
2. Guest Wellbeing
- Pre arrival email or telephone call.
- Electronic check in and check out.
- Contactless payment methods, including credit/debit cards and BACS.
- Hand sanitising stations on arrival and throughout the hotel.
- Enhanced cleaning of all touch points throughout the hotel.
- Support of the NHS Test and Protect scheme.
- Face coverings must be worn throughout hotel.
- A Duty Manager available to answer questions.
- We respectfully ask all our guests to observe safety measures in place.
- Completed the Good to Go criteria.
3. Social Distancing Measures
- This is now a matter of individual responsibility and we request that you be aware of those around you.
4. Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitising in all public areas and touch points.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitising of all our hotel bedrooms.
- Use of sanitiser that meets EN14476 standard.
- New hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel.
5. Food and Beverage
- Tables, chairs and touch points sanitised after each use.
- All condiments are on a request basis.
- Hand sanitising stations available for use.
- Contactless or card payments only. Card machines sanitised after each use.
- Enhanced cleaning of all touch points.
- Face coverings must be worn throughout the hotel.
- Scottish Government Guidance relating to indoor gathering is followed in all food and beverage outlets.
- We are supporting the NHS Test and Protect scheme with all customers asked to provide contact details. These details will be kept in line with DPA regulations for 21 days. All diners will need to record their details when visiting our restaurants using the Check In Scotland QR code displayed.
We care for you.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely to ensure the safety of all partners and guests and will update this communication regularly. Be assured, booking with the Royal Hotel, Stornoway is safe, and you can always select the Best Available Rate for an easy and straight-forward cancellation policy. If you are experiencing any other specific concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 01851 702109, be assured, we are here to assist you.